Facebook has become one of the leading networks of the Internet, where thoughts are exchanged with others. But with the advancement in brand creation, people and businesses must get their posts out of their community of friends on Facebook so that more people can use them worldwide.
Friends can access your posts by default. This behavior protects your anonymity, stopping your employer or a potential customer from being met by private placement. But what if you need to share your post with as many individuals as possible? It would be best if you made it in a few steps to where everyone can see the post on or off the social media site and spread the word to all corners of the globe.
You can share a new post with others, or if you have already published it, you can go back and share it selectively. There are two options to do this. Let’s continue with the simplest way.
First, open the Facebook app and click the “What’s on your mind?” text box below your friend’s name. The first one with the label “Friends” the second one with the title “Album.” the first box, and choose “Public.” Enter the message that you want to share and select “Share.” This also ensures that they will share the link with anybody to get a decent popularity boost.
If you wish to share the previous post, select an ellipsis icon on the right-hand side of the post after clicking it (•••) and choose Edit Post.” from the first dropdown menu (marked “Friends”) below your name and select “Public” for the new tab. To finalize the update, click “Save” in the top right corner.
Keep in mind when posting on Facebook
- Some of the stuff you post will still be public on Facebook. E.g., your message or comment would be shared and read by anyone as you post or comment in a general audience. Find out more about Facebook public knowledge.
- The public selection chooses the same audience as you share the post again, except when you change it If you pick an audience for your post. For instance, your next position is also Public, if you choose Public for anything you post now.
- The audience is changed on all platforms when you change the audience on one device. E.g., if you change your poster’s audience on your device, your posting audience will also change in your app.
- In the News Feed, profile, and search results, your post will appear.
- If you post on another person’s timeline, that person’s Facebook post settings will decide who can see this post.